For a fun and comfortable activity that’s perfect for the entire family, head to the local Malco theater. It’s a great way to unwind after a long day at school or work.
The Southern-based Malco Theatres has over 30 cinemas. It can be found in most East South Central states, a couple from the West South Central, and the Midwestern state of Missouri.
About Malco Theatres
Malco Theatres, Inc. is a movie theatre chain that has remained family owned and operated for over one hundred years. It has been led by four generations of the Lightman family. The company has 36 theatre locations with over 371 screens in six states (including Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri and Tennessee). Malco also operates three bowling centers and a family entertainment center in southern Louisiana and a family entertainment center in Oxford, MS.
Malco Ticket Prices
Here are the list of Malco ticket prices:
|MOVIES (BEFORE 6:30PM)|
|Children (ages 2-11)||$6.50 – $7.50|
|Adults (ages 12 & up)||$7.50 – $9.00|
|Seniors (ages 65+)||$6.50 – $8.00|
|MOVIES (AFTER 6:30PM)|
|Children (ages 2-11)||$5.50 – $7.50|
|Adults (ages 12 & up)||$7.00 – $11.00|
|Seniors (ages 65+)||$6.50 – $8.00|
Movies in Various Theater Locations
the movie theater chain owns and operates 35 locations with more than 340 screens in 6 states, namely, Arkansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Tennessee. The company also owns and operates 3 bowling centers as well as 2 family entertainment centers.
The theater locations include among others:
- Tennessee – Bartlett (Bartlett Cinema and Stage Cinema); Collierville (Malco Towne Cinema); Germantown (Forest Hill Cinema); Memphis (The Paradiso, Studio on the Square, The Majestic, Wolfchase Galleria Cinema, Cordova Cinema, and Summer Drive-in); Smyrna (Malco Smyrna Cinema)
- Arkansas – Rogers (Pinnacle Hills Cinema and Malco Towne Cinema); Springdale (The Sunset); Fort Smith (Fort Smith Cinema and Mall Trio); Fayetteville (The Razorback); Jonesboro (Hollywood Cinema); Monticello (Hollywood Cinema); and Van Buren (Van Buren Cinema)
- Mississippi – Madison (The Grandview); Oxford (Oxford Studio Cinema and Oxford Commons Cinema); Corinth (Corinth Cinema); Southaven (DeSoto Cinema); Olive Branch (Olive Branch Cinema); Tupelo (Tupelo Commons Cinema); and Columbus (Columbus Cinema)
- Kentucky – Owensboro (Owensboro Cinema) and Winchester (Winchester Cinema)
- Missouri – Sikeston (Malco Trio)
- Louisiana – Gonzales (Gonzales Cinema)
Birthdays at Malco
Malco Theatres have special party rooms which can be reserved for birthday parties. There are two packages from which you can choose from:
- Party Plan 1
- $12 pp for a ticket, drink, and box of popcorn (afternoon)
- $14 pp for a ticket, drink, and box of popcorn (evening)
- Minimum of 10 guests, maximum of 25
- Party Plan 2 (private screening)
- $12 pp for a ticket, drink, and box of popcorn
- Minimum of 25 guests, no maximum
The major difference between the two is whether you want the whole cinema to yourself, or share it with others. We definitely think it’s worth hiring out the whole cinema even if the ticket prices are a bit higher!
Bookings are essential, so contact Malco well in advance to make sure you get the time you’re after. Get started by filling out the form here.
We were only able to find a single way to reduce the cost of your movie ticket price with Malco. And it’s through buying tickets in bulk.
Head to their Gift Shop, and you’ll be greeted with a few items which you can choose from. Here’s whats currently available:
- Reloadable Gift Cards – These aren’t really discount tickets, but they can be a great gift if you know someone who loves movies and loves Malco
- Malco VIP Tickets – This is the good stuff. $400 dollars will get you a book of 50 tickets, which equals $8 per ticket. That’s the smallest option, unfortunately.
- Malco Concession Vouchers – Same deal as above. $450 will get you 50 tickets which are each valid for a popcorn and drink combo, with unlimited refills on both!
Concession vouchers are valid at any location, at any time. And the best thing about them is they never expire!
For more information about Malco Theatres, visit their official website.